6 Patio String Light Ideas
∙ min read
If you love to spend time in your backyard, adding patio lights can make the experience even more fun. Plenty of patio string light ideas combines practicality and beauty, ensuring you get excellent illumination that complements your outdoor decor.
Why Should You Invest in Outdoor Lighting?Of course, you may be wondering if it's worth the effort of installing patio lighting. Honestly, it's up to you. But, if you love spending time outdoors and value lawn aesthetics, then it's an excellent investment.
ValueDepending on the system, landscape lighting can enhance your home's value. If you're interested in selling, rigging up some string lights can impress potential buyers.
AtmosphereString lights are pretty, especially when they're artfully arranged. As a homeowner, you deserve to have a beautiful outdoor space, and these lights not only help you appreciate a well-tended lawn but can even enhance the atmosphere.
ConvenienceWhen you're having a wonderful time with friends, you don't want to pick up and move inside because it gets dark. When you have outdoor patio lights installed, you just have to turn them on, and voilà, it's bright enough to continue your evening. Additionally, you can adjust smart lights from your phone, so you don't even have to get up.
What Are the Best Backyard and Patio String Light Ideas?Not all backyard lighting ideas work with every landscaping arrangement, so it's essential to consider size, layout, and foliage before you attempt to install string lights. That said, you should feel free to get creative - if an idea doesn't exactly work, you can always improvise. So without further ado, here are the six best outdoor lighting ideas to transform your yard.
1. String Them Across the Open AirDo you have an open space perfect for socializing? If so, you can string light across the open air in a zigzag pattern. This installation ensures even lighting while creating a lovely visual.
What kind of areas can benefit from open-air string lights? The list is endless, but here are some of the most common:
2. Hang Them From TreesOne of the most important things to remember when designing your backyard lighting is to work with what you have. For example, if you have a lot of foliage, you should incorporate it into your decor.
One way to do so is by hanging string lights from tree branches. Depending on the lights, you can achieve a weeping willow effect or more straightforward chandeliers. If hanging doesn't work, you can also wrap strings of lights around the trunks and branches to create living lamps.
3. Line the PathStone or brick pathways are excellent at dividing open space, but why not take it one step further? String lights can reinforce the division while adding extra sparkle. They're also a great way to point guests in the right direction if you host an outdoor gathering in the evening.
If you have shrubbery or walls along the path, you can strategically drape your string lights across them. You can also place lights on the ground along the pathway to create a magical glowing road.
4. Create a Glowing WallDo you have a beautiful wall to use as a backdrop to social gatherings? If so, you have the perfect opportunity to create a glowing wall.
This decor idea takes a little more work, as there are many stapling involved, but the result is downright glamorous. You can hang outdoor string lights vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. You can even try shapes and patterns if you want to go above and beyond. Glowing walls are an innovative way to illuminate your yard and present an excellent photo opportunity.
5. Decorate Your Outdoor Area
If you spend most of your time on your back patio, you can install covered patio string lights. These lights can hang from the ceiling in a zigzag pattern or parallel lines. You can wrap them in string lights if you have railings or posts.
6. Add an Umbrella
What if you're not sure how to hang string lights on a covered patio? Don't worry - plenty of alternatives achieve the same effect. For example, you can purchase a patio umbrella with lights.
Patio umbrellas are canopies you can set up on your lawn to keep off the sun. Some have built-in lights, making them the perfect addition to a late evening get-together.
If you want to use these ideas, you need top-quality patio string lights. Fortunately, you can find them and other outdoor lighting options here at Max Warehouse. If you have any questions, you can call us at 1-800-210-0132, our Experience Makers team will be ready to help you!
Shop Your Outdoor Lighting Today