10 Home Remodeling Ideas
∙ min read
Do you want to update the look of your home but aren't keen on full-scale renovations? Don't worry - there are plenty of home remodeling ideas that don't involve knocking down a wall. In fact, you can DIY your way to refreshed, refurbished home.
Are you not sure where to start? Here are 10 simple, affordable home renovation ideas to transform your living space.
1. Apply a Fresh Coat of PaintYou'd be surprised at what a difference a fresh coat of paint can make. Whether your walls look dingy or you're just tired of the color, applying a new shade can jazz up the living space and make it look new.
What if painting an entire room is too much of a hassle? There are plenty of alternatives. For example, you can paint one accent wall to add color without overwhelming the space. Painting interior doors is another great way to mix things up without taking on a huge project. Want to modernize your kitchen? Go for grey kitchen cabinets with metal accents; Rustoleum Country Gray Chalked Ultra Matte Spray Paint is the perfect paint for this project.
2. Add Storage Space
You can never have enough storage, and today's offerings are both cute and functional. A great option is getting a chic closet organizer for your shoes or a quaint steel tub to hold cleaning supplies. In addition, there are storage options to blend in seamlessly with your decor, no matter your style. The laundry room is another great room to add storage space, and WENKO has attractive and functional options to make everything work and look great at the same time.
3. Invest in Your LandscapingWhile you're upgrading your home's interior, don't forget about the yard. Beautiful landscaping can go a long way toward remodeling your home. For example, if you love bright colors, why not plant flowers? If you don't have a green thumb, you can always invest in lawn ornaments, which provide a touch of whimsy without all the work.
Of course, you want everyone to see the results, so don't forget about lighting. There are plenty of garden lighting ideas that enhance your lawn with minimal effort; it could be your personal DIY project:
4. Reimage LightingSpeaking of lighting, it's a great way to showcase your favorite decor and can even function as decoration. Pendant lights over the kitchen island are a fantastic example, as they not only illuminate kitchens and dining areas but also contribute to the overall atmosphere. Under-cabinet lighting can be a great way to get direct light to counter space. In addition, it is an excellent way to highlight a beautiful design feature; of your kitchen.
If you want better bathroom lighting for hairstyling and applying makeup, you can install vanity lights. These bright bulbs are perfect for getting ready - and snapping a selfie or two.
5. Update Your Faucet, Sink and Shower HeadsOne of the classic dream kitchen ideas is updating fixtures. For example, you can replace your old faucet with a modern model that makes cleaning easier. There are plenty of finishes available:
- Matte black
Matching your kitchen accents and faucets is guaranteed to bring the room together and is a simple kitchen remodeling idea. Updating fixtures is also one of the best guest bathroom ideas. For example, you can upgrade your shower with a removable head or a model with several settings.
6. Add New AccessoriesSpeaking of bathrooms, have you considered adding new accessories to your master bathroom, guest bath, or powder room? A great example is a steel shower caddy where you can store all your haircare products.
If you don't want to replace your modern bathroom faucets, an affordable bathroom renovation idea is to design around them with soap dispensers and toothbrush holders. Cute shower curtains are another underrated bathroom decor item. WENKO has great stylish options that can upgrade and give a new look to your bathroom space.
7. Install Open Shelving
You can install open shelving if you need more storage but don't want bulky bins or pantries. These pretty shelves are the perfect place to stow mugs and other kitchen accessories when not in use. Open shelving ideas don't have to be limited to the kitchen. You can also add a wall of open shelves in your dining room or living room; it is a great interior design project to give a different look to your home design; depending on where you add it placing books or farmhouse decor could be the perfect touch.
8. Throw in Pops of Color
Neutral wall colors are an excellent choice because they match everything, but they can get boring after a while. If you're tired of beige but don't want to give up your decorating flexibility, try adding pops of color. One way is framing artwork to draw the eye and create an accent wall. You can also create bright accents with colorful pillows and rugs. Rugs are perfect options for any home design; they can anchor a room, define it, add warmth, and help layer a room's decor.
9. Make Use of MirrorsMirrors open up spaces and reflect light, so they're fantastic decor for small or dark rooms. Instead of framing artwork, you can hang mirrors and even arrange them artistically.
Of course, the one room that should always have a mirror is your bathroom. A generous mirror ensures you get a good look at your outfit and keeps your bathroom feeling spacious.
10. Dress Up Your Deck
Homeowners who love hosting should take the opportunity to dress up their decks. An excellent place to start is with a new coat of paint or sealant to freshen up the hardwood floor and protect it from the elements. If you love evening parties, you should also look at deck lighting ideas. For example, string lights or strategically placed lamps create stunning lighting effects that are simultaneously decorative and functional.
Do you need essentials for your next home DIY project? At Max Warehouse we have everything you need, from tools to hardware. To learn more or see what's in stock, explore our website. You can also call our Experience Makers at 1-800-210-0132 for any questions.
Star Your Home Remodeling Today